Polymer Flexible Wood Adhesive for Stair Cladding
Everbuild 550 Polymer Wood Adhesive is suitable for fixing our BASICS Stair Cladding range to an existing staircase. This product remains flexible after setting.
Polymer Wood Adhesive 300ml
We recommend only Flexible Polymer adhesive to fix our BASICS Stair Cladding range to existing stair treads. As the polymer adhesive dries it maintains its flexibility, allowing the oak hardwood to move and contract differently to your existing softwood or MDF stair treads and risers, which eliminates damaged caused by solid bonding adhesives such as grip fill.
Flexible Polymer Adhesive Specification
- 300ml Tube suitable to fit into adhesive guns
- 1 tube will do approx 1m2 of flooring or 2 treads and riser boards
- 100% active, solvent and water free- will not cause your timber to warp or curl
- Rapid setting – normal use of the floor 12 hours after installation
- Permanantly flexible – allows for subfloor movement
- Excellent gap filling properities for uneven surfaces
- absorbs sound
How To Use Polymer Adhesive
Remove the existing floor covering on the stairs and remove any debris or adhesive by sanding the treads and risers. Once the treads and risers are cleaned remove all dust and apply the adhesive in beads approx 10mm deep on the back of the stair cladding and push into place. The floor can be used 12 – 24 hours after installation depending on temperature.
Finishing Basics Stair Cladding
Product is supplied sanded ready for your chosen finish; we recommend that you apply an initial coat of your chosen finish before installation followed by a top finishing coat after installation. We recommend using OSMO Oil; a hard-wearing clear oil suitable for Solid Oak Floors. If you have any questions or need advice please contact us and we’ll get back to you with the answers.